Application Deadline: February 1, 2023
Are you fascinated by the processes of state formation, state reconstruction, peace building and conflict resolution?
Interested in learning more about how governance contributes to sustainable development at local, national, regional and international levels?
The Institute for Development Policy (IDP) of the University of Antwerp brings people together
around the world who share your concerns and ambitions. In the Advanced Master in Management and Development, you will learn that conflict is both a cause and effect of management failures, and you will learn to critically analyze management problems and possible solutions. You will gain the theoretical, methodological and practical insights to conduct research on governance issues at different scales during contemporary debates on global development.
IOB offers 10 full scholarships for each Advanced Master. The scholarships are funded by the Flemish Interuniversity Council (VLIR-UOS).
- Citizenship and country of residence: Candidate must be a citizen and resident of one of the 29 eligible countries (citizenship and country of residence not the same) at the time of application. Applicant’s residence will be verified. Eligible countries: Benin, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cuba, DR Congo, Ecuador, Ethiopia, Guinea, Haiti, Indonesia, Kenya, Madagascar, Morocco, Mozambique, Nicaragua, Niger, Peru, Philippines, Rwanda, Palestine , Senegal, South Africa, Tanzania, Uganda, Vietnam, Zimbabwe.
- Age: Maximum age limit for advanced master program candidate is 45 years. (Age on January 1 of the year of admission.)
- Professional background and experience: Candidates must work in higher education, government or civil society, or aim to pursue a career in one of these sectors. However, candidates working in the private sector or recent graduates with no work experience may also be eligible depending on their motivation and profile.
- He has been awarded scholarships in the past: The candidate has never received a scholarship from the Belgian government to participate in a study program and/or has never been enrolled in a Belgian higher education institution to participate in a study program.
- Scholarship applications: Candidates can apply for only one ICP Connect scholarship program per year
Applications that have successfully passed the academic selection are then evaluated by a joint selection committee of IOB and VLIR-UOS to select scholarship candidates. 10 effective scientists and 10 substitute scientists will be selected for each Master.
Scholarship selection is based on VLIR-UOS selection criteria: IOB applies gender and regional balance; professional experience is an essential asset for awarding this scholarship and outstanding motivation is highly appreciated. Preference will be given to pensioners who have never received a pension before.
Given the need to balance the VLIR selection criteria, it is theoretically possible that students with the best scores may not receive a scholarship. For example, if there are many high-scoring male students from X country, it is likely that the top scorers will receive a scholarship (if eligible). But a woman from countries X or Y is also likely to receive a scholarship. While this may seem unfair to men who score better, VLIR-UOS favors positive gender discrimination in such a situation. In addition, since the applicant pool varies from year to year and scholarships are awarded based on relative criteria (number of women, regional balance, etc…), the probability of a scholarship being awarded in year 1 for candidate X. In year 2 it may be completely different. This explains why some students apply multiple times before being accepted – even though their application file is essentially unchanged.
The scholarship covers all expenses related to education. See the VLIR-UOS website for more information.
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#VLIRUOS #Fully #Funded #Masters #Scholarships #ICP #Connect #Globalization #Development #Master #Belgium