The University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) is a scholarship for outstanding students from non-EU/EEA countries applying for a Master’s program (MSc) at the University of Twente.
- Be one of the most promising UT students.
- An exclusive opportunity to be considered for admission to one of three honors programs: Research awards, Design awards, or Leaders of Change.
- €3,000 – €22,000 per year (around 50 scholarships available). If you have applied for a two-year program, be sure to read the information about the two-year study programs below.
- Take a look at the overview of approximate living costs while studying at the University of Twente (excluding tuition fees).
Please note: This scholarship is intended as reimbursement for educational expenses. The student who receives the scholarship decides how the money will be spent. No expenses (such as tuition fees) will be paid on your behalf.
In the case of a two-year study programme, students may receive additional UTS equivalent to the first year to cover the costs of the second year. However, the scholarship will only be continued into the second year if students meet the process requirements for UTS.
You must have obtained:
- At the end of the third quarter of the first year, the average grade is 7 (out of 10).
- At least 50% of European Credit at the end of the third quarter of the first year
Additional scholarships may be awarded to UTS recipients (only for programs starting in September 2022):
To be eligible for the Kipaji Scholarship, you must apply for a University of Twente Scholarship (UTS).
This scholarship has additional requirements. Be sure to check out the Kipaji Scholarship program information.
- February 1, 2023
- May 1, 2023
You must meet to be eligible for a University of Twente Scholarship all the following requirements
- The application for a UT scholarship is a separate procedure from the application for admission to a course at the University of Twente. Regardless of funding, you must first receive an acceptance letter.
- you have been (temporarily) accepted to one of the UT Master’s programs starting in the academic year 2023/2024 (September). Please note: It may take up to 8 weeks for you to receive the results after your application is complete.
- You must have a student number.
- You have not completed a UT (undergraduate) master’s program;
- You meet the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if any);
- You meet the general English language test requirement of Academic IELTS 6.5 (or TOEFL iBT 90) and an additional 6.0 in the speaking skills subscore (TOEFL iBT 20).
- You are not eligible for a study loan in the Netherlands;
- The University of Twente Scholarship is a scholarship for outstanding students. Typically, this means you are in the top 5-10 percent of your class
Not available to UTS Netherlands and/or current UT students.
UTS is not available to EU/EEA students.
Not available for UTS Faculty of Geo-Information Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC) graduate programmes.
UTS is not available for the pre-graduate programme. UTS Pre-Masters students also cannot apply to UTS when they wish to continue onto a Master’s programme.
Application Deadline – Round 1:
- The application form opens on 15 October 2022 at 09.00 CET
- Application forms are closed 1 February 2023, 16.00 CET (For programs starting in September 2023)
Application Deadline – Round 2:
- The application form opens on 1 February 2023 at 16.00 CET
- The application form is closed 1 May 2023, 16.00 CET (For programs starting in September 2023)
If you applied in Round 1 and your application was rejected, your application in Round 2 will not be considered. You can be awarded only one UT scholarship.
You must first apply to a master’s program. You can do so after applying to the Master’s program and receiving a (conditional) acceptance letter apply for a scholarship with your student number. Not available to UTS Netherlands and/or current UT students. UTS is not available to EU/EEA students. Not available for UTS Faculty of Geo-Information Sciences and Earth Observation (ITC) graduate programmes. UTS is not available for the pre-graduate programme.
UNIVERSITY OF TWENTE AWARD – APPLY NOW
#University #Twente #Scholarship #UTS #outstanding #nonEUEEA #students