|Value||Doctor of Philosophy – Stipend of NZ$30,696 per annum and 36 months in-house tuition fee waiver (excluding student services fee and insurance) Professional Doctors (DClinDent, DMA, DBA, EDd) – Annual stipend of NZ$30,696 plus tuition waiver for up to 36 months capped at domestic rate (excluding student services fee and insurance).|
|Proposed number||Up to 180 per year|
|Closing date||Candidates can apply anytime|
The University of Otago Doctoral Scholarship provides funding to support doctoral students studying at the University of Otago.
The scholarship is available for both domestic and international students. Candidates for professional doctorate as well as PhD degree can apply.
Applicants should normally:
- they are trying to get their first doctorate
Selection is based mainly on academic merit and research potential of the applicant.
How to apply
Applications for doctoral scholarships are made online through the eVision portal and can be made at any time of the year. After applying for admission to your program, you will receive an alert on your student portal inviting you to apply for a scholarship.
International Price Assessment for Postgraduate Scholarships
Below are some general guidelines to help with International GPA conversions.
- The World Education Service provides an online price conversion guide that converts prices from different countries to equivalent US prices. This may be helpful to prospective students and staff in determining whether an applicant is eligible for an Otago postgraduate scholarship.
- Typically, the most successful scholarship applicants will have the most appropriate grades and/or grade point average in the US equivalent A range.
- If the applicant’s qualification is at bachelor’s or master’s level, we recommend looking mainly at the last year of study. If the applicant’s qualification is a master’s degree or equivalent, we recommend viewing all documents.
- Note that the price conversion should be considered as an indication only. For qualifications of more than ten years, further experience is also very important and the price may be reduced slightly.
- If the thesis is not graded, the scholarship application usually requires a certificate of merit and/or class standing.
International applicants and staff may also wish to apply for the English language requirements for postgraduate study in Otago.
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#University #Otago #Doctoral #Scholarship #Zealand