Application Deadline: March 6, 2023
Early career researchers from the 21 least developed member countries of the Islamic Development Bank (IDB) are eligible for an ambitious new postdoctoral program offered by ISDB and TWAS. The scholarships support research related to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, providing recipients with advanced training in areas related to sustainability science.
IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships for Capacity Building in Sustainability Science are valid at centers of excellence in developing countries from this list: https://twas.org/developing-countries-south, i.e. research institutions with a well-established track record in research and demonstrated expertise in a field relevant to sustainability science competency.
The host center should be determined by the candidate based on his or her specific research area. In the latter case, TWAS and the scientific reviewers involved in the selection of the awardees will decide on the suitability of the candidate’s proposed host institution. In all cases, the host center must be located in a developing country. An example of a reliable host center is provided by the TWAS-CAS Centers of Excellence (https://twas.org/cas-twas-centres-excellence).
IsDB -TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowships can last from a minimum of three months to a maximum of six months.
The scholar selected through the scholarship will be provided with a monthly stipend based on the cost of living in the host country to cover expenses such as accommodation, food and health insurance.
The fellowship will offer a bench fee allowance of up to USD2,600 as a contribution to laboratory expenses necessary for the awardee’s research.
The scholarship will cover up to USD1,000 round-trip airfare. Any other travel expenses (such as airport transfers and local transportation) will be the responsibility of the prize winner.
Information on living arrangements (eg accommodation, transport and any other issues related to the candidate’s stay in the host country) should be obtained directly from the host organisation. Neither TWAS nor ISDB can provide this information.
The Postdoctoral Fellowship program provides support for research projects in the following areas (see guidelines for details):
- Sustainable Agriculture
- Education for Sustainable Development
- Climate change
- Sustainable cities
- Responsible growth
- Waste management
- Population growth
- Green chemistry
- Plastic pollution and microplastics
- Water and hygiene
Applicants for the IsDB-TWAS Postdoctoral Fellowship program must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a PhD degree in a science relevant to the research area of the fellowship program
- Be under 45 years of age at the time of application
- 5 years of research experience after PhD thesis is preferred
- The host institution must be in a developing country from the list
- Submit an official acceptance letter from the host Institute
- Become a citizen and resident of IsDB LDMC from the list provided
- Work for an enterprise in your home country
Awarded scholars must:
- Do not take other assignments during the retirement period
- Submit a research plan agreed by the host supervisor
- Be financially responsible for accompanying family members
- Be autonomous with regard to visa application, health insurance and housing in the host country
How to apply:
- Applications must be submitted online only through the link at the bottom of the web page. Applications submitted by any other means will not be considered.
- No application will be entertained after the last date. Therefore, it is recommended that you submit your electronic application as soon as possible
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Please note that a researcher may submit only one application at a time and for only one type of grant or fellowship (I mean either the IsDB-TWAS Scholarship or the TWAS Research Grant or the OWSD Early Career Women Scholars (ECWS) Scholarship).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions
When to apply
- It is the last date for receipt of applications March 6, 2023. We recommend submitting your application as soon as possible rather than waiting until the deadline so that we can process your application as soon as possible.
Eligible nationalities (by country):
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#TWASIsDB #Postdoctoral #Fellowship #Program #Developing #Countries