The Obama Foundation Fellowship Program will enable leaders from the United States and around the world who are already making a difference in their communities to take their work to the next level through an academic, skills-based and immersive curriculum that engages students. practical learning.
Applications for the 2023-2024 Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University are now open! You can learn more about the program and submit an application here. It’s the deadline for applications January 19, 2023 at 5:00 PM EST.
Scholars program Columbia University and University of Chicago empowers individuals with a proven commitment to service with the tools needed to make their efforts more effective, identify innovative solutions to complex global challenges, and promote change through values-based leadership.
The program will build lasting relationships among emerging leaders committed to working together to solve the most pressing challenges of our time, creating a global network that transcends challenges and borders. After completing the program, Obama Foundation Scholars:
- Return to work on a global focus issue and implement a personalized action plan to accelerate positive change within the community.
- Be a part of the Obama Foundation’s efforts to inspire, empower, and connect emerging leaders around the world.
You can check out our previous classes of Obama Foundation Fellows and see highlights from their time together here.
ABOUT THE SCHOLARS PROGRAM
The Obama Foundation offers a robust curriculum of leadership development, training, networking activities, and one-on-one support throughout the academic year to help Obama Scholars gain the real-world skills, tools, and experiences needed to expand the impact of their work. come back home These experiences allow Scholars to gain insights from senior leaders across sectors and the wealth of knowledge across the network of Obama Foundation program participants, while planning ways in which they want to reinvest their new skills, networks, and knowledge after graduation. program.
Foundation-led activities include cohorts of Scholars based at UChicago and Columbia, with the goal of creating a broader global community of practice for shared learning both to inform Scholars’ approach to their work and to accelerate this work when they return to their communities. after graduation. Each cohort’s experience is designed to leverage the rich research ecosystems of these two world-class institutions and their host cities, providing unique and immersive learning opportunities for Scholars in Chicago and New York.
Key components of the Obama Foundation-led experience include:
- An orientation program to welcome the cohort to the Obama Foundation community and a final graduation program to celebrate the cohort’s achievements and present action plans.
- Leadership Development Workshops and Conversations are designed to improve Scholars’ skills in telling the story of their work, reflecting on and refining their leadership approaches, and building lasting, personal resilience. Through a variety of virtual session formats, Scholars also hear about innovative solutions from the Obama Foundation’s program participant alumni community and engage in conversations with senior thought leaders across sectors.
- Throughout the program, the development and refinement of an action plan based on their experiences is centered around their initiative to focus and their future vision for their work.
- Connections among the growing alumni community The Foundation facilitates direct connections between current Obama Scholars and previous cohorts based on their areas of focus.
- Dedicated support, including an executive coach and strategic communications and fundraising experts, to help fellows develop an action plan and progress their leadership journey.
#Obama #Foundation #Scholars #program #open #applications