The joint insurance at a glance | King Price Insurance

We have put together an insurance overview especially for municipal institutions and their members. While it does not explain the finer details of our coverage, it is a practical guide to disclosing material facts that could affect your coverage and contains useful information to help you understand the insurance and the laws and regulations of our country.

Common property, partial areas and exclusive use areas (EUAs)

Schedule for participation rates (PQ).

Your unit’s PQ reflects your “share” in the community property. We use the PQ portion to calculate an individual insurance premium.

surplus and maintenance

For the purposes of Section Title Act No. 95 of 1986, unit owners are responsible for:

  • The excess payment related to their Sections or EUAs.
  • maintaining their Sections or EUAs.

National building regulations: division, merging and extension of sections

It is important that owners follow the steps outlined in the law:

  • Obtain written approval from all other apartment owners.
  • Appoint an architect to submit a draft section plan to the Surveyor-General for approval.
  • Once approved, submit the approved sub-plan to the Land Registry for registration.
  • Hire a professional, certified contractor to carry out the work, who must comply with the necessary building codes.

Here is more information as set out in the law

Section 13.1(g) Addresses a change in their Section or EUA for a purpose other than that for which they were designed and as registered in the Section Plan. An example of this would be converting a garage into a living space.

Even if written approval is obtained from all owners and the above steps are followed, the owner must submit plans for approval as building codes are very specific when it comes to ventilation when it comes to a dwelling move. For example, changes could result in occupational, fire, or flood evacuation hazards.

See also  Safety tips for joggers | King Price Insurance

Your insurance policy will also be affected in the absence of approved plans as this is a non-disclosure of a material fact.

National South African Standard (SANS)

For any new installation, repair, maintenance, replacement or upgrade, such as B. an electrical, plumbing or gas installation, obtain a certificate of conformity (COC). This COC must be issued by a registered and qualified contractor.

Once a new install or upgrade is complete, let your chairman or manager know as your insurer will need direction to change your policy. As the unit owner, you may be charged the additional premium under the PQ Plan and your administrative agent may need to adjust your levy.

If you would like a quote for your community program, click here. We’re committed to helping you and giving your community the royal protection it deserves.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *