Who isn’t intrigued by the idea of adding a little more fun to their life? Especially the aspects of life that are traditionally more serious, like your job.
As you can imagine, our royal colleagues were basically ecstatic (understated) when they learned from travel experts that bleisure is expected to increase this year and beyond. Bleisure is literally the coolest travel trend in business travel history.
What is bleisure you ask?
Business trips + vacation trips = free time.
With that out of the way, let’s talk about a few things around bleisure. Like why it’s more than just a travel trend, who’s making it, and finally we’d like to share some great examples of how to do bleisure the right way.
Why you should plan some bleisure this year
A lot of bleisure is opportunistic, depending on what’s planned in your schedule, where you’re going, and whether you can realistically spend extra time. However, if you have the power to convert your business travel plans into bleisure travel, you should do so.
We’d argue that it’s important primarily because the workforce has transformed in recent years into an always-online, always-connected entity. So it’s not just about packing a little fun into your business trip, it’s also an efficient way to reduce stress, prevent burnout and increase your productivity because you’ll be better rested and enjoying your job more.
So good for you and your company. A real win-win situation.
Who Makes Bleisure?
You might think that the only people planning and enjoying bleisure trips are executives, but you’d be wrong. And we hate to disagree with you on anything, but in fact people from all different levels of corporate leadership are taking advantage of bleisure travel, from novices to managers and business owners. In fact, during our research, we found that millennials are often more likely to participate in bleisure than older workers, regardless of their position at the company.
Tips on how to do bleisure travel properly
It’s one thing to understand that bleisure means you can schedule some RNR during your business trip, it’s another thing to properly maximize that time to ensure you’re doing bleisure properly. You know, make the best of it.
Here are our top bleisure tips:
- Put business first because that’s why you travel in the first place. And when work gets in the way of your free time plans, it’s tough. It might not always work that way, so don’t force it.
- Plan your trip around a weekend so you arrive on Saturday before or Sunday after close of business. How to avoid paid vacation.
- Think outside the box by seeing if you can visit friends or bring family or friends with you. It’s nice to explore new restaurants or go for a walk on the beach, but these experiences can be so much more satisfying when you can do it with a close friend or loved one.
- Don’t stay in your hotel room. Make the most of your time by visiting local restaurants, visiting museums, treating yourself to a spa treatment, and doing something interesting.
- Pack wisely by planning for a bit more versatility. You want business and casual options to ensure you are comfortable and appropriately dressed for whatever you will be doing on your trip.
Don’t forget, the king has your business back
Not only are we here for great ideas and advice on bleisure, we’re here for your business too.
We understand that your business is unique and that it faces different challenges, risks and threats. That’s why our business insurance team is ready and able to tailor coverage to meet your needs. The team focuses all their energies on our business customers… And they promise the same affordable insurance coverage, royal service and security that our private customers love us for.
We’ve got your back, your business, and even your bakkie.
Interested? Visit our website for a customized business insurance quote or call us on 0860 00 00 21.