Application Deadline: January 15, 2023
The Letje Lips Amsterdam Merit Scholarship will be awarded to a student from a non-privileged background who wishes to use the Master’s program in the School of Humanities to improve themselves and who is passionate about the development of a just, inclusive and multicultural world. .
One LLAMS of €25,000 is available for the academic year 2023-2024.
The School of Humanities named its scholarship program after Letje Lips, who for many years was the internationalization coordinator at the UvA’s Faculty of Humanities. In line with the values Letje espoused throughout his life, LLAMS aims to increase the faculty’s international perspective and achieve a more diverse student body. The program offers non-EEA students the opportunity to pursue a Master’s degree in the Graduate School of Humanities who would otherwise not be able to do so without financial support.
- You have non-EU/EEA citizenship and are not eligible for statutory tuition fees.
- You are a first-time degree-seeking student at the University of Amsterdam.
- You have submitted a complete application for a one-year non-elective English-taught Master’s program in the School of Humanities (Research, Dual Master’s and one-year programs with an elective/interview component are not eligible).
- You meet the entry requirements of the master’s program, including English language requirements.
- You have not been awarded any other scholarship in addition to LLAMS. If you have won another scholarship, please notify the School of Humanities Admissions Office.
- You do not need to receive an Acceptance result by the LLAMS deadline, but LLAMS will only be issued to a (conditionally) accepted candidate.
- If you have been selected for LLAMS and have been conditionally accepted, you must submit your approved documents (degree or degree statement, final transcripts). May 1, 2023 at the latest.
- You must be able to comply with visa regulations.
- You will need to be registered as a full-time student at the UvA for the academic year 2023-2024.
Please make sure to submit both your Masters application and your LLAMS application Until January 15, 2023, 23:59 GMT+1. Late or incomplete applications for LLAMS will not be considered. Students who do not submit a complete Master’s application in MyInfo will not be considered for LLAMS.
How to apply
You must submit a scholarship application in parallel with your Master’s application. The Master’s application and the LLAMS application will be reviewed by different committees. Submit your scholarship application and Master’s application by following the steps below:
- Submit your complete application for the master’s program in MyInfo. For instructions on how to apply to the master’s program, apply;
In the MyInfo application form, you will find the option “apply for a scholarship”. Tick this box and submit a (complete) Master’s application before the deadline January 15, 2023.
- After submitting your MyInfo application, complete the LLAMS application below. You are asked to include a letter of motivation, your CV/CV and the academic background of your carer(s).
Be sure to save your documents as separate PDF files according to the format:
Name, surname, student number, name of the document
Only 18 days left!
Applications for LLAMS will be carefully evaluated by the selection committee. Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their LLAMS application no later than mid-May 2023.
As noted above, only one LLAMS is available for the 2023-2024 school year. LLAMS is a very competitive scholarship to get. A student enrolled in one of the English-only, one-year, non-elective master’s programs in the Graduate School of Humanities may be awarded LLAMS.
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#Letje #Lips #Amsterdam #Merit #Scholarship #LLAMS #International #Masters #student #Netherlands