CSC-KUT Scholarship Program
The CSC-KUT Scholarship Program is based on an agreement between the Kochi University of Technology and the China Scholarship Council (CSC). The main purpose of this program is to allow selected students or staff from Chinese universities/research institutes to receive a full doctoral degree program and to allow selected Chinese doctoral candidates from Chinese universities/research institutes to pursue doctoral studies under joint supervision at KUT in certain fields. Research areas closely related to doctoral theses in Chinese universities/research institutes.
If selected full-time PhD students successfully fulfill the requirements of the designated PhD program and defend their dissertation at KUT, KUT will award the student with a PhD degree.
A. CSC-KUT Scholarship Program (Full-time PhD students)
B. CSC-KUT Scholarship Program (Co-supervised Doctoral Students)
Click on the program for program details.
-Smart Mechanical Engineering
-Electronic and Photonic Systems Engineering
– Infrastructure Systems Engineering
-Environmental and mathematical sciences
-Life Sciences and Technologies
– Materials science and engineering
※Language of instruction: English
– Technical writing and research writing in English will be taught by a native English professor to first- and second-year doctoral students. (Full-time PhD students only.)
– Japanese language lesson will be given for daily conversation and grammar.
– Tutors help new international students with academic and daily life issues.
– Many types of Japanese cultural activities will be offered seasonally.
The KUT International House on the Kami campus was created as a multicultural campus residence for KUT students.
International students at the Kami campus can enjoy this living-learning environment to better understand Japanese culture in everyday life with Japanese students, if space is available.
・International House (Kami Campus)
・Private room rental (Kami Campus)
Examples of monthly living expenses
|Room fee (shared kitchen)||27,500 yen|
|Electricity fee||2500 yen|
|Income tax**||2000 yen|
|Resident tax**||4000 yen|
|National Health Insurance Tax **||5000 yen|
|Total Approx.||115,000 yen|
International House entrance fee (30,000 yen) and general service fee (15,000 yen/half year) are required separately.
*One meal costs about 500 yen.
**Tax amount varies from year to year. (This depends on your annual income in Japan in the previous year.) The above is just an average.
Important notice regarding the foreign language requirement
1. All applicants must have one of the following English scores: TOEFL, IELTS, WSK or CET.
2. Please verify that you meet one of the foreign language criteria set by CSC, such as TOEFL iBT95, IELTS6.5, or a CSC passing score on WSK(PETS-5).
(A) CSC-KUT Scholarship Program (Full-time PhD students)
(1) Applicants who meet one of the criteria established by the CSC:
When sending your application documents (original), please be sure to include a copy of an official document showing your score in one of the relevant English proficiency tests.
(2) Applicants who do not meet any of the criteria but have TOEFL iBT 72～94, IELTS5.5～6.0 or CET-6 certificate:
-When sending your application documents (original), please be sure to include a copy of an official document showing your score in one of the relevant English proficiency tests.
-You will be evaluated if your English language ability is sufficiently recognized in the interview with the faculty members scheduled to supervise your studies. If your English language skills are recognized as sufficient, KUT will issue an English language certificate for you.
(3) KUT does not accept applications from applicants who do not meet any of the above criteria.
(B) CSC-KUT Scholarship English Language Certificate Program (Jointly Supervised Doctoral Students)
There is no minimum score requirement, but please be sure to include a copy of an official document showing your score in one of the relevant English proficiency tests (TOEFL, IELTS, WSK or CET).
#Kochi #University #Technology #Scholarship #Program #International #Students #Japan