The Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA), the implementing agency of Japan’s Official Development Assistance (ODA), opened its office in Cambodia in 1993. Since then, JICA has been working with the Cambodian people to ensure the country’s sustainable development. socio-economic development through technical and financial cooperation.
New hires will serve as program managers. Staff are expected to be assigned to a unit dealing with training programs and social development (mainly in the health sector).
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. To be responsible for various projects sponsored by JICA, especially coordination and logistics for JICA training program.
2. Collect and analyze information related to the current political and social context, the various needs of the responsible sector.
3. To liaise with other relevant organizations such as government agencies, private sectors and development partners (DPs) in the implementation and monitoring of projects as well as scheduling for mission teams from Japan.
4. To represent the JICA Cambodia office in relevant meetings, seminars and workshops, etc.
5. Dealing with secretarial work and material and technical support.
6. To deal with project formulation, implementation, monitoring and evaluation in the responsible department under the supervision of the head of the department.
Requirements (qualifications and experience)
1. Higher education. Associate’s degree preferred.
2. Native Khmer language and excellent speaking, reading and writing skills in English.
3. A minimum of 3 (three) years of professional experience in the field of international development or working directly with it.
4. Experience in or with relevant ministries is an advantage.
5. Long-term carrier vision as JICA staff for more than 5 (five) years.
6. Citizen of Cambodia
1. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, as well as the ability to work as part of a team.
2. Sufficient ability to read and summarize relevant documents such as reports issued by government agencies or relevant donor parties.
3. Strong commitment and competence to build and strengthen relationships with various stakeholders.
4. Ability to work with relevant computer programs (internet, e-mail, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point).
5. Strong commitment to learn and improve, especially JICA accounting and procurement regulation
6. Relevant international cooperation work experience (e.g. health, education) and good interpersonal skills would be a strong advantage.
1. Start date: Expected end of January – beginning of February 2023. (negotiable)
2. Job: Occasional visits to provinces and foreign countries with JICA Cambodia Office.
3. Main Business Hours: 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM (Lunch Time 12:00 PM to 2:00 PM), Monday to Friday
Submission of applications
1. Applicants should send the following documents to Mr. Mudai Suzuki, JICA Cambodia Office via email at Suzuki.Mudai@jica.go.jp.
2. Only shortlisted candidates will receive a letter of appreciation.
All applications are treated with strict confidentiality.
3. Deadline for submission of application documents: January 4 (Wednesday), 2023 by noon.
(1) Cover letter outlining the reasons for applying for the position
(2) Resume with photo
Please include the following items in your resume:
– Personal information: Name, Date of Birth (Age), Civil Status, Current Address, Mobile Phone Number, Email Address
– Language and skill: Language, Computer skill and other qualification/skill
– Educational background (domestic and abroad): Name of School/University, Degree, Major
– Work Experience: Company/Organization Name, Duration, Position, Role/Responsibility
– Your preference and others
– Expected monthly salary (USD)
Note: Degree, language, skill etc. for interview of shortlisted candidates. certificates are required.
(3) At least 1 (one) Letter of Recommendation from your previous employer and teacher etc
#JOB #ADVERTISEMENT #Application #Deadline #Program #Officer #January