Application Deadline: April 30, 2023
The program complies with the cooperation and exchange agreements or consensus reached by the Chinese government and the governments and institutions of other countries. It is open to undergraduates, postgraduates, general and senior scholars.
II. Supporting Categories, Duration, Institutions and Specializations
(I) Supporting Categories
Chinese Government Scholarship programs sponsor undergraduates, postgraduates, general and senior scholars.
The Chinese Government Scholarship covers both basic education and Chinese language (preparatory) education. Language courses last for one year, while the duration of the scholarship is equivalent to that required for basic studies.
(III) Institutions and Specializations
Designated Chinese universities offer scholarship recipients academic programs in science, engineering, agriculture, medicine, economics, law, management, education, history, literature, philosophy and fine arts. For more information on the designated Chinese universities and the majors they offer, visit the website (http://www.campuschina.org).
III. Scholarship coverage
1. Tuition fee;
2. Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy;
Undergraduates: CNY 2,500 per month;
Graduate students/general scholars: CNY 3,000 per month;
Doctoral students/senior scholars: CNY 3,500 per month.
4. Comprehensive medical insurance:
CNY 800 per person per year;
CNY 400 per person (for programs lasting less than six months)
1. Applicants must be Chinese nationals who are physically and mentally unsound.
2. Education level and age limit (as of September 1):
(1) Undergraduate programs: have a high school diploma or higher and be under 25 years old;
(2) Graduate programs: hold a bachelor’s degree or higher and be under 35 years of age;
(3) Doctoral programs: have a master’s degree or higher and be under 40 years old;
(4) General scholarship programs: have a high school diploma or higher and be under 45 years of age;
(5) Senior scholarship programs: have a master’s degree or higher and be under 50 years of age.
3. Applicants must meet the admission requirements of their preferred university in terms of language skills and academic ability, including:
Application Guide for Undergraduate Programs: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Undergraduate_Students.htm
Application Guide for Master’s Programs: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Master_s_Students.htm
Instructions for applying to doctoral programs: https://admissions.xmu.edu.cn/Admissions/Doctoral_students.htm
Those who do not meet the entry requirements of the Chinese language proficiency level and wish to take remedial Chinese courses before the main study in Chinese must also submit the HSK certificate when applying. Applicants for programs in the humanities, economics, management, law, arts, and traditional Chinese medicine must have a HSK 4 group Chinese proficiency certificate with a score of 180 or above; applicants for science, engineering and medicine programs must have HSK band 3 certificate with a score of 180 or higher. Only by passing the required HSK test during the first year and meeting the entry requirements of the respective degree programs can they then begin their basic studies.
V. Application Procedures
1. Candidates must apply to the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy to receive a scholarship to study Xiamen University.
2. Applicants must complete an online application at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn and print the Chinese Government Scholarship Application Form. The scholarship application form must be completed in Chinese or English and signed by the applicant.
3. Applicants must submit all application materials to the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy before the deadline.
VI. Application Period and Result Release Time:
January-April. Applicants may contact the Education Office of the Chinese Embassy for the specific deadline. The result is usually announced in August.
1. The English version of this Guide is provided for reference and as a general guide ONLY. In case of any discrepancy between the English and Chinese versions, the Chinese version shall prevail. This Guide may not be reproduced without permission.
2. This application guide may be amended by the latest notification of the authorized scholarship department or the requirements of our university. So please refer to the latest version of the application manual. For other information please contact:
China Scholarship Council: http://www.campuschina.org
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#Fully #Funded #Chinese #Government #ScholarshipBilateral #Program #Xiamen #University #China