*Post-doc applications are now open for October 2023 entry*
*SWDTP will be holding an informational event on January 19th at 1:30pm about the PDF competition and application process – register here.
FYI, we had a similar session for the 2022 entry. You can watch the recording of the session here.*
The ESRC is inviting applications for postdoctoral fellowships (PDF) to be based at SWDTP institutions at the University of Bath, the University of Bristol, the University of Exeter, the University of Plymouth and the University of the West of England.
The fellowships are intended to provide development opportunities for those in the immediate postdoctoral phase of their careers, to strengthen their PhD through publications, networks, research and developing professional skills.
The PDF call forms part of the ESRC’s strategy to support early career researchers and will be delivered through a national network of Doctoral Training Partnerships (DTPs) and Centers for Doctoral Training (CDTs).
The call is open to applicants who are part of a DTP or CDT and have completed a PhD at an accredited track-based research institution: https://www.ukri.org/opportunity/esrc-postdoctoral-fellowships/
- The application deadline is to have been awarded a PhD degree by 23 March 2023 or have passed the viva with minor changes and have been awarded a PhD degree by the scholarship start date of 1 October 2023.
- Have no more than 12 months of active postdoctoral experience after passing viva votes (allowing for career breaks) by 23 March 2023. Active post-doctoral experience must be counted from the expired viva to the closing date of March 23, 2023. .
For more information on compatibility, see the Call Specification and FAQ (links below) supporting this call.
Postdoctoral Fellowships operate under the ESRC Research Funding guidelines and therefore applicants can come from anywhere in the world and be considered for these awards if they meet the scheme’s eligibility criteria.
Below you will find the main documents related to the call and application
ESRC PDF call specification 2023 entry (Download)
ESRC PDF FAQ for 2023 access (Download)
PDF application form for 2023 entry (Download)
All applicants must submit a completed proposal with the required attachments one collected PDF document by March 23, 2023 at 4:00 p.m to SWDTP at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants are also asked to submit a separate Equal Opportunity PDF Information Form with the application to email@example.com. Note: this is kept confidential and is only collected for statistical reporting to the ESRC.
The SWDTP will review proposals and make funding decisions on behalf of the ESRC by 26 June 2023.
For inquiries about the call please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information from the ESRC on early career researchers can be found here: Early career researchers – UKRI
Application and Installation Specific Guidance
*NOTE: This section will be updated shortly for 2023 entry*
Deadline for Expressions of Interest (EOI) for Bath | February 1, 2023 | 16:00
- Proposals are accepted from both single disciplines and a combination of disciplines, but scholarship activities must be based at least 50% within the social sciences.
- Please send an expression of interest (EOI) – to include a short paragraph with the key proposition of the work and to identify the pathway and potential mentor – to Dr Aurelie Charles email@example.com. sent.
- The EOI phase will help us to identify all potential applicants and provide the right support to help candidates and departments prepare a full application.
Support for PDF proposals delivered through the University of Bristol
- Due to the expected level of interest in this call, it is envisaged that the relevant UoB Schools and mentors (mandatory for all ESRC PDFs) will provide much of the detailed proposal support for applicants submitting through Bristol.
- Research Development Associates (Laura Lyddon/Sarah Halliwell) at RED at firstname.lastname@example.org can provide general program advice when they are able to do so.
- All offers will require a WorkTribe fee; therefore, bidders are advised to contact the appropriate cost specialist of the finance team in time for budget preparation assistance; your mentor can advise you on who to contact from the finance team.
Deadline for Expressions of Interest (EOI) to Exeter | 03 February 2023 | 12:00 p.m
- Proposals are accepted from both single disciplines and a combination of disciplines, but scholarship activities must be at least 50% within the social sciences.
- There will be an information session on Friday, January 20 at 2:00 p.m. Email HASSClusters@exeter.ac.uk to receive an invitation to the session.
- Please send a completed expression of interest (EOI) form to HASSClusters@exeter.ac.uk, all inquiries can also be sent. These will be reviewed by Professors Dan Stephenson and Gareth Shaw, Chair and Vice-Chair of the Exeter ESRC Funding Advisory Network.
- The EOI phase will help us to identify all candidates and provide the right support to help candidates and departments prepare a full application. All successful candidates will be notified by February 13.
Please attach the internal application form for Exeter
If you would like to apply for a Postdoctoral Fellowship at Plymouth University, please contact Dr Patricia Kanngiesser at email@example.com
If you are interested in applying for a Postdoctoral Fellowship at the University of the West of England, please contact Professor Neil Willey firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#ESRC #Postdoctoral #Fellowships #South #West #Doctoral #Training #Partnership