DOUGLAS INTERNATIONAL REGIONAL ENTRY AWARDS AND SCHOLARSHIPS
Douglas College offers entrance scholarships of approximately $100,000 annually to new international students who have demonstrated success in their previous academic pursuits.
Douglas College currently has two categories of admissions scholarships for the Fall, Winter and Summer semesters:
Douglas International Education Regional Entry Award: 1000-2000 dollars
- There is no need for a separate application. Students will be automatically assessed once they apply to Douglas College and will be notified of this award when we send them an offer of admission.
- Available to students from CIS countries (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Russia, Tajikistan, Turkmenistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan), Europe, Latin America, Middle East, Africa, East Asia, Southeast Asia and South Asia . Sri Lanka, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Nepal).
- To be eligible, students must apply to Douglas College by the official semester application date below.
- Successful recipients typically have an above average GPA (B equivalent or higher) and strong English language proficiency test scores (ie IELTS 7.0 and above or equivalent).
Dr. Guangwei Ouyang International Education Entrance Scholarship: 2500 dollars
- A separate application is required. Applicants must complete the entry scholarship form (PDF) and email it to Douglas International with all supporting documents by the deadline below. To be considered, students must have already applied to Douglas College.
- Students are selected based on their previous academic performance and involvement in their school, community and/or personal development.
- Students from all countries are eligible for these scholarships.
Douglas International Education Entrance Scholarship Deadlines
|summer (may)||January 31|
|Autumn (September)||May 31|
|winter (january)||September 30|
STUDENT AWARDS AND AWARDS CONTINUE
In addition to entry scholarships, Douglas College students may also be eligible for continuing student awards based on their performance during the academic year.
Douglas College International Returning Student Scholarship
The International Returning Student Scholarship was established in 1995 by Douglas College International. The scholarship recognizes international students pursuing their studies at Douglas College who have demonstrated academic excellence.
Enrollment and GPA Requirements
- Be an international student enrolled at Douglas College
- Enroll in a minimum of nine (9) credits within any academic program or faculty
- You must complete at least 21 credits at Douglas College with a minimum GPA of 3.75
Students may receive this award a maximum of two times during their time at Douglas College:
- After completing a minimum of 21 credit hours but less than 42 credit hours
- After the student has completed a minimum of 42 credits
This scholarship is awarded once per semester.
There is no application for this scholarship, candidates are based on the above criteria and notified if they have won the scholarship.
CONTINUING STUDENT GLOBAL CITIZENSHIP DEAN’S AWARD
The Dean’s Awards for Global Citizenship recognize Douglas College students who embody global competencies in action. Award winners demonstrate a commitment to global citizenship through their education (course selection and experiences) and community engagement. In all contexts, they also demonstrate high levels of practical global competences, such as perspective-taking, global self-awareness, critical thinking and intercultural communication skills.
Minimum requirements to apply:
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better at time of application
- Must have completed 21 or more credits at Douglas College
- Must not have previously received an award
- Students must complete and submit an application by the deadline (start application to view deadline)
- 2 references (1 academic, 1 non-academic)
- Students must demonstrate outstanding commitment or contribution to the community
- Students must demonstrate a connection between their studies and global citizenship. For example, seeking global competences through education and experience (eg GCC-eligible courses, study abroad, intercultural WIL or internships)
- This annual award is valuable 1500 dollars for each recipient
- Douglas College has a recipient for each of its six faculties
- The next round of applications will be opened November 2022
- For more information about this award, visit MyGlobal or contact Global Engagement
CONTINUE INTERNATIONAL OUTGOING STUDENT MOBILITY SCHOLARSHIP
Ongoing international and domestic students can apply for additional funding to facilitate their participation in an approved international mobility program. Contact Douglas College Global Engagement to learn more about international exchange opportunities and available scholarships and awards. For more information on international exchanges, visit MyGlobal.
This scholarship was established by former VP of International Education and Strategic Partnerships Guangwei Ouyang in 2017 to support the recruitment of international student-athletes to Douglas College. The purpose of the fund is to cover the difference between the tuition fees of International and Domestic students. A maximum of 5 eligible recipients will be selected each academic year to receive up to $7,000 toward their tuition. Scholarships will be split equally between the fall and winter semesters.
#Douglas #College #Scholarship #Awards #International #Students #Canada