This scholarship, awarded to students with outstanding academic records, is open to Norwegian and international applicants admitted to any master’s program at the Oslo campus or the Bergen campus.
Norwegian and Domestic Applicants: Scholarships will cover full tuition for each semester for up to two years if the student achieves academic progress requirements.
International Applicants: Scholarships will cover full tuition and a stipend for each semester for up to two years if the student meets the academic progress requirements. The stipend is to help with living expenses, but does not cover all expenses (about 70%).
Applicants with outstanding academic records who are international or Norwegian citizens
Candidates must have a minimum cumulative GPA of ‘A’ on the ECTS scale or an equivalent senior grade on the international grade scale to be considered.
Students in the 3rd year of the Sivøk program can apply.
Open to candidates admitted to Master’s degree programs at the Oslo campus or the Bergen campus, with the exception of the BI-Luiss Joint Masters in Marketing.
How to apply
- Apply for the scholarship at the same time as you apply for admission.
- Write a scholarship application letter, one page maximum, explaining why you should receive this scholarship. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit, not financial need.
- For admission, upload it to the section marked “Scholarship” in your online application.
- Submit all required documents that will be evaluated for admission to the Master of Science program. A scholarship application will only be considered if a complete application for admission has been submitted and an offer of admission has been accepted.
- BI students currently in the 3rd year of the Siviløkonom program can apply in the spring of the 3rd year by sending a scholarship application letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: BI President’s Scholarship Application
- International applicants applying for the BI Presidential Scholarship will also be considered for the MSc International Scholarship. A separate scholarship application letter is not required.
The application deadline is March 1.
International and domestic applicants: A complete application for admission, including your scholarship application, must be uploaded to the online application portal. Scholarship applications are not accepted by email.
Civil economics 3rd year students: Scholarship application letters should be sent to email@example.com.Late applications will not be considered.
Selection of recipients
BI has a generous scholarship program for graduate studies. However, competition for scholarships is fierce. Each year, the number of scholarship applications received from master’s degree applicants far exceeds the number of available scholarships.
BI Norwegian Business School aims to create a diverse and international student body.
Only applicants who have been accepted to the Master of Science program and who have applied according to the guidelines will be considered.
Scholarship applications will only be considered if an offer of admission has been accepted.
BI provides the distribution of scholarships for master’s programs.
BI reserves the right to award scholarships in accordance with institutional priorities, many of which include prioritizing specific graduate programs, diversity and gender balance, or BI’s selected partner schools.
All candidates will be evaluated on the ECTS scale. Applicants with an international bachelor’s degree will have their grades converted to the ECTS scale.
Other factors that may affect awarding may include other academic achievements, GMAT/GRE/CAT scores, extracurricular achievements, and specific personal achievements.
International applicants applying for the BI Presidential Scholarship will also be considered for the MSc International Scholarship.
Academic progress requirements
All candidates must meet academic progress requirements to maintain their scholarship. Detailed requirements are included in the Scholarship Agreement.
Full study process (30 ECTS) in each semester.
A minimum cumulative GPA of “B” on the BI ECTS scale upon completion of each academic semester.
Candidates awarded the BI President’s Scholarship must be willing to become “BI Ambassadors”, act as spokespersons, assist with recruitment efforts and promote a good learning environment. Scholarship recipients will be informed about their obligations during the academic year.
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#Norwegian #Business #School #Presidential #Scholarship #Norway