Application deadline: March 3, 2023
Students who have applied for admission to a higher degree by research (HDR) and selected the appropriate box on the application form will be considered for this scholarship.
Research Training Program (RTP) Scholarships are awarded by the Australian government to support postgraduate students, both domestic and international.
Learn more about:
- RTP Fees Scholarship Offset: It is offered to domestic students with an unconditional offer to pursue a higher degree by research course at the University of Sydney. This scholarship is supported by the Australian government and provides tuition fees.
- RTP Scholarship Scholarships: Awarded to students with exceptional research potential to pursue a higher degree by research at an Australian university. These Australian government scholarships are awarded to help with general living expenses.
- University of Sydney Postgraduate Awards (UPA): similar to RTP Scholarships in terms of duration and benefits. Eligible RTP applicants are automatically considered for these awards.
Learn more about the RTP Scholarship (Internal).
This main scholarship can be offered in conjunction with the RTP/UPA tour:
See more scholarships for domestic research students.
- RTP Scholarship Scheme: Funded by the Australian Government, this scholarship provides tuition fees and stipends to high-quality international postgraduates seeking to undertake a research degree at an Australian university. Applications are evaluated on academic merit and research potential.
Learn more about the RTP Scholarship (International).
How to apply
RTP scholarships are awarded in November, February and June. Therefore, you must submit all required documents for your admission application and evidence of Research Experience (if any) to be considered in the relevant award schedule. Please note that you may be notified of the outcome of the RTP scholarship at a different time to receive your study offer.
To be considered for a scholarship, you must:
- complete your application for postgraduate admission to the relevant faculty and select the checkbox to be considered for research scholarships
- Make sure your application includes all relevant supporting documents by referring to the RTP/UPA applicant information pack and research experience guide and evidence template (see relevant documents below).
If you are currently a student at the University of Sydney, you should apply for a scholarship here.
Honors students whose results have not yet been released can submit their Masters by Research / MPhil or PhD admission application and choose to be considered for RTP. RTP applications will be suspended until students submit their final Honors diploma to the Scholarships Office. The final degree transcript can be sent via email or uploaded to the online document submission portal.
Unsuccessful applicants are encouraged to reapply if circumstances change (such as publication of an article or other related professional experience).
See the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) for information on issues such as deferrals, key dates and eligibility.
|The research period begins||Applicant||Deadline*||offers received from|
|Study periods 1 and 2, 2023||International||September 30, 2022||December 3, 2022|
|Study Period 1 and 2, 2023||Internal||October 31, 2022||December 21, 2022|
|Research Period 3 and 4, 2023||International||December 12, 2022||March 3, 2023|
|Research Period 3 and 4, 2023||Internal||May 19, 2023||July 28, 2023|
|Study Period 1 and 2, 2024||International||September 15, 2023||November 24, 2023|
|Study Period 1 and 2, 2024||Internal||October 16, 2023||December 21, 2023|
*New students must complete the RTP submission, along with course applications, by the admission deadline. Current HDR students must submit a separate application.
Current students should apply by the appropriate submission date for international or domestic cohorts. For example, currently enrolled international students must submit their documents by September 30, 2020 to receive results in November 2020.
If you have chosen to be considered for an RTP scholarship, make sure you submit your application and all mandatory documents by October 31 to receive your RTP scholarship result in December 2022 (see our correspondence regarding missing documents). Submission after October 31 may result in your scholarship application being considered in May 2023.
Source / More info: Official website HERE.
#Australian #Government #Research #Training #Program #scholarships