The Internship Program is a project-based learning opportunity for graduate students to gain experience through research assignments based on ADB’s current operational needs.
ADB announces internship assignments twice a year and welcomes motivated, open-minded and self-driven individuals to apply.
The internship program offers the following opportunities:
- work in a large international development organization;
- Collaborate with experienced professionals from more than 50 different countries;
- gain a deeper understanding of development finance and the impact of ADB’s work; and
- contribute to ADB’s business through research results.
Candidates for internship:
- enrolling in a master’s or PhD-level program at a school in one of the ADB member countries before and after the internship;
- Engage in academic studies in a field directly related to ADB’s work;
- Be a citizen of one of the ADB members;
- Excellent knowledge of English; and
- must have professional experience relevant to the assignment.
ADB does not accept applications from close relatives of ADB employees.
The internship application process is online through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES). School registration and nomination are no longer required.
Application deadline for the 2023 Internship Program:
- 1st batch: 15th July to 15th September 2022
- On board: After January 2023
- 2nd Batch: 15th December 2022 – 15th February 2023
- On board: After June 2023
Eligible candidates apply through the ADB Career and Employment System (ACES).
- ADB announces the assignments on the website and candidates select the assignments of interest.
- Candidates apply through ACES, prepare their resumes, and answer essay questions.
- All documents (CV and essay) are uploaded to ACES to complete the application.
- Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
- In order to avoid mistakes during submission, applicants are advised not to wait until the last day of the application period to submit their internship applications.
- ADB evaluates applications based on: eligibility requirements, relevance of academic education and work experience; and level of interest and motivation to contribute to development work. ADB also considers institutional representation, gender and national balance in the general intern selection process.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#Asian #Development #Bank #Internship #Program #Masters #PhD #Students #June