Students should note that they must apply for admission to the University before being considered for a Reach Oxford Scholarship. The University cannot consider scholarship applications from students who have not been offered a place at Oxford. The University is not responsible for the content of external websites advertising the scheme and would encourage applicants to read the information below to check their eligibility.
A number of Reach Oxford scholarships (formerly Oxford Student Scholarships) are offered to students from low-income countries who are unable to study in their home countries due to political or financial reasons or lack of suitable educational opportunities.
|Year of study:||New students|
|Subject:||All subjects in the course list except Medicine|
|College:||Not all colleges offer Reach Oxford Scholarships every year. If you are accepted by a college that does not participate in the scheme, this will not prevent you from applying for and receiving a scholarship. If your application is successful, arrangements will be made to transfer you between colleges.|
|Other criteria:||This scheme is only suitable for candidates who have received an offer and are of the highest academic ability. Financial need, social commitment and lack of ability to study in one’s home country are also key criteria for selection. Applicants must intend to return to their home country after completing their studies. Preference will be given to students who have not previously completed a bachelor’s degree.|
What does it cover?
|Duration:||3 or 4 years depending on the length of the course|
|Value:||Grant for course fees, living expenses and one return air ticket per year|
|Number:||About 2-3 awards per year|
How do I apply?
1) You must apply to the University of Oxford via UCAS for an undergraduate course by 15 October 2022 and be successful in gaining a place.
2) If you have been offered a place at Oxford University for an undergraduate course for 2023, you should read the Guidance notes (please see ‘Related documents’ on this page) and complete the Undergraduate scholarships application form online. 8 February 2023, 12.00 (UK time)..
3) The selection process for 2023 applicants who apply by the February 8, 2023 scholarship date will be conducted in March 2023.
4) Applicants will be notified of the outcome of their application by May 2023.
- Scholars are expected to write an annual report on their academic and social activities and achievements at the university.
- Receipt of the award in subsequent years is subject to satisfactory academic progress.
- Applicants should be aware that competition for this program is very high and there is no additional University funding for candidates who are not offered a scholarship.
- If you have a deferred offer of admission to an undergraduate course at Oxford and wish to apply for a scholarship, please apply for a scholarship in January of the year you will start your Oxford course (eg January 2023, if available). proposal to start in October 2023). We can only review undergraduate scholarship applications once.
- If you are a UK resident applying to Oxford’s Astrophoria Foundation Year Program and would like to apply for this scholarship to support your undergraduate degree course (after completing your Award Year), please apply for the scholarship in January. you will start your undergraduate degree course (eg January 2024 if you intend to progress in October 2024). We will contact all students enrolled in the Foundation Year to confirm which scholarships they can apply for for their undergraduate course. We can only review undergraduate scholarship applications once.
#Access #Oxford #Scholarships #Undergraduates #University #Oxford