These scholarships are made possible by donors to the LSHTM Foundation. Supported by hundreds of alumni and friends, the LSHTM Foundation provides scholarships for the next generation of global health leaders. This year’s two scholarships are designed to support outstanding candidates who would not be able to study without this financial support.
Two LSHTM Foundation Scholarships are available for 2023-24. Scholarship award included
- 2023-24 tuition fees (at the external fee rate), including any compulsory field trip fees and
- A tax-free stipend (living allowance) of GBP 19,500.00.
This scholarship is open to applicants who wish to study on a one-year, full-time, London-based master’s program at the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) in 2023-24.
To be eligible for these scholarships, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
- be a citizen and resident of a low- and middle-income country (as defined by the World Bank);
- Intends to return to a low- and middle-income country after completing a master’s degree at LSHTM;
- confirm in writing that they cannot otherwise pay for the proposed study program;
- meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (as required by LSHTM’s Admissions system);
- A first or upper second class honors degree from a UK university or an overseas qualification of equivalent standard;
- Make an offer of admission to one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based (intensive) MSc study programs for 2023-24.
A selection panel awarding this highly competitive fellowship will review applicants’ experience, qualifications, and potential, seeking those with the greatest potential to accelerate their careers and make significant contributions to public and global health and/or undergraduate health research. – to a middle-income country (after one year of study at LSHTM).
How to apply
The application process consists of two stages. To be considered for funding, applicants must meet all eligibility criteria and complete both steps outlined below by the scholarship. deadline 23:59 (GMT) Wednesday 1 March 2023.
Step 1: Submit an application for 2023-24 for an eligible master’s degree program by following the instructions under the ‘How to Apply’ tab on the appropriate degree program page. Applicants must ensure that all necessary additional admission documents (including references) are submitted by the scholarship deadline.
Step 2: Submit an online scholarship application by selecting this scholarship option ‘2023-24 LSHTM Fund Scholarship’ from the drop-down menu. A completed Additional Questions Form for this scholarship must be uploaded as part of this application. Here it is only Attachment required in step 2 (as applicants must upload references, CV, passport, transcripts, etc. along with the admission application).
- Applicants are advised to complete Step 1 early to allow time for payment of the GBP 50.00 LSHTM admission application fee. Applicants will not be able to submit a study application or scholarship application until payment is processed. Therefore, we recommend that applicants for this funding complete their application for study at least 1-2 weeks before the scholarship deadline and ensure that there are no delays in any Admission or payment process that may affect the fulfillment of the scholarship period.
- Applicants who have submitted and/or been offered an Offer of Admission to a 2023-24 London master’s program that has already completed must apply for a scholarship by completing the scholarship application (step 2 above) and submit it by the scholarship deadline.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered for this funding. Incomplete applications include those without supporting documents in steps 1 or 2 above. Both the scholarship application and scholarship application must be completed by the scholarship deadline.
- This scholarship is open to applicants to any of the 19 intensive Masters programs offered by LSHTM (including our joint programmes: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc Health Policy, Planning and Financing; MSc One Health: ecosystems, humans and animals; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology ). Please note that as LSHTM does not manage admissions to these courses, for the following programs you will be directed to a partner provider to complete your application to study: MSc Global Mental Health; MSc One Health; MSc Veterinary Epidemiology.
- Successful applicants to study will be required to pay a deposit within 28 days of being sent an offer of admission. Applicants applying for a scholarship at LSHTM should send an email to the Admissions Team to let them know they are waiting for the scholarship outcome (applicants should provide both the name of the scholarship and the expected decision date to the Admissions team in this email). This must be repeated for each application the applicant applies for. The admissions team will then extend the deposit deadline to match the scholarship funding decision date.
- Applicants who experience any technical difficulties while using the online scholarship application form should first clear their browser cache and ensure they are using the latest version of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari. If this does not resolve the technical issue, please contact LSHTM’s IT Services team, providing the applicant’s full name; scholarship applied for; and technical problem encountered. Please also include a screenshot if possible: email@example.com.
- For any questions about the application process, scholarship requirements or application deadlines, please contact the LSHTM Scholarships team: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By applying for this funding, applicants agree to its terms and conditions.
- Please note that all applications will be reviewed and processed only after the deadline. All applications submitted before the deadline will be considered equally, regardless of the date of submission.
- Decisions are pending and will be communicated by successful applicants May 26, 2023.
Source / Details: Official website HERE.
#LSHTM #Foundation #Scholarship #students #middleincome #countries #London